The Monmouthshire Ladies’ County Golf Association was founded on May 2nd 1925 at a meeting held in The Police Court of the Town Hall at Newport and originally consisted of seven affiliated clubs.
The founder members: Miss Littlehales, Mrs. Taylor, Miss Farmer, Mrs. Meacock, Miss Humphries, Mrs. Holden and Miss Gethin Griffith were elected to represent their various clubs in the County ~ Pontypool, West Mon., Tredegar Park, Newport, Abergavenny and Chepstow.
With the growth in the popularity of golf, with new clubs, new members and various events like Inter-County matches, the Monmouthshire County Championships and various Open Meetings, Monmouthshire Ladies went from strength to strength, especially in the 1980s and 1990s. The Association has now expanded to represent nineteen affiliated clubs and over 800 lady golfers in the old County of Monmouth.
Who’s who in Monmouthshire Ladies’ County Golf Association…